Preparing for Jury Duty
- Once you receive your summons, you must complete the online questionnaire. After we receive your questionnaire, we will update and confirm your information.
- To find out if you have been selected to report for Jury Duty, the evening before you are scheduled to report, you must call 404-612-4600 (and press #1) to confirm. You may do this anytime after 7pm the day before.
If you are unable to complete the online questionnaire, there are printed questionnaires available on your day of service. Please arrive early to allow enough time to complete the questionnaire and check in on time.
We cannot resend the summons, but we can provide you with the information that was on your jury summons. Please call us at (404) 612-4600, Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM-4:30 PM, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Dress should be business casual, but respectful of the Court. Do not wear hats (unless for religious purposes), shorts, halter or tank tops, clothing that exposes the midriff, beachwear, or clothing with inappropriate graphics, logos or words.
Please contact the Sheriff's Department at (404) 612-5152.
Day of Jury Duty
We provide free parking and shuttle, as well as information on public transportation. See detailed directions and information HERE.
Jurors Reporting In-Person
Please review your summons juror badge for your reporting location. You can also check your reporting location by logging onto eJuror or calling the juror recorded voicemail at (404)612-4600 (Press Option 1)
The jury assembly room is located on the 7th floor of the Justice Center Tower, 185 Central Avenue, which is between Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive and Mitchell Street.
There are two cafeterias, a small one in the Justice Center Tower and a larger one in the Fulton County Government Center. You may wish to bring a non-perishable lunch. Glass, ceramic containers and metal utensils are prohibited and will be confiscated by the Sheriffs. Vending is also available throughout the courthouse. Some restaurants, fast food and sit down, are located within walking distance.
Fulton County pays you a $25.00 per day expense allowance to cover expenses such as parking and lunch. After the completion of your service, a check along with a certificate of attendance will be mailed to you within 21-30 business days. You will receive $25.00 for each day of service. In some cases, if you serve on a jury, you may receive two (2) separate checks: one for your first day of service and another check for the remainder of your service. You can also donate your payment to the Fulton County Public libraries.
If you are asked to report and not assigned to a case on the day you report, your term of service will be concluded at the end of the business day. However, if you are assigned to a courtroom for jury selection and jury selection is not completed by the end of that day, you will be required to return to finish the selection process.
If you are selected to serve on a trial, your term of service will be the length of that trial. Most trials last from three to five days.
When you have been chosen for an actual trial or as an alternate juror, your service obligation will be fulfilled upon the conclusion of deliberations, regardless of whether or not a verdict has been reached.
Postponing or Changing Jury Duty
Request for Deferral/Change Service Date
- To defer or postpone your jury service one (1) time only, please contact us. Email is the best way to reach us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can call us at (404) 612-4600, from 10am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Request for Exemption.
- Downloadable Exemption Forms (these must be notarized - click here to locate a notary).
- The affidavits below are "fillable." You can fill in most of the information and print the document in order to have it notarized. You will not be able to save the contents of the completed form. You will only be able to print it. Affidavits must be notarized by a certified notary. *These affidavits are permanent exemptions. The remaining affidavits are good for 12 months. You must resubmit the next time you are summoned for jury duty.
- FORM: Age 70 and older
- FORM: Permanent mental or physical disability*
- Not a resident of Fulton County at the time of service: Requires Documentation
- Not a United States citizen: Requires Documentation
- FORM: Convicted felon whose rights have not been restored
- FORM: Caregiver for Children under 6 years old
- FORM: Sole caregiver for someone over 6 years old
- FORM: Home School Teacher
- FORM: Full-time student (12 credit hours or more)
Please call us at (404) 612-4600, Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 4:30pm, or email us at email@example.com for further assistance. We may be able to grant you a one-time deferral to a different date.