Deputy Chief Judge Alford J. Dempsey, Jr.
- 1995-Present: Superior Court of Fulton County
- 1992-1995: Magistrate Court of Fulton County
- Juris Doctor: Harvard Law School (1976)
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Morehouse College, Cum Laude (1972)
- Assistant City Attorney, City of Atlanta Department of Law (1977-1992)
- Board of Directors, Families First, Inc.
- Secretary, Board of Trustees New Hampton School
- Master, Bleckley Inn of Court
- Past Board President, Carrie Steele-Pitts Home, Inc.
- Past Chair, Judicial Section Atlanta Bar Association
- Past Chair, Judicial Section Gate City Bar Association
- Past Vice President, Gate City Bar Association
- Past Master, Charles L. Weltner Family Law Inn of Court
- Judicial Council, National Bar Association
- Past Chair, Benchbook Committee and Past Chair, Long Range Planning Committee, Council of Superior Court Judges
- Chair Adult Offenders Committee, Georgia Supreme Court's Commission on Racial and Ethnic Bias in the Court System
- Anti-Defamation League Certified Trainer on Race, Ethnic and Gender Bias for All Classes of Courts in Georgia
- Past Database/Network Committee Chair, Georgia Courts Automation Commission
- Former Adjunct Professor, Clark Atlanta University School of Social Work
- Past Board Member, Atlanta Contemporary Art Center (FKA Nexus Contemporary Art Center)
- Past Board Member, Aniz, Inc.
- Past Board Member, Breast Friends, Inc.
- Past Chair South Atlanta District, Boy Scouts of America
- Past Moderator, Past Deacon Board Chair and Past Trustee Board Parliamentarian, First Congregational Church, UCC
- Past Board Member, Sisters-By-Choice, Inc.
- Past Board Member, Southeast Conference, UCC